Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What's the best product available for flea control?

I'm kind of wondering if the liquid (like Advantage) is better, or the pill form? Or does anyone have any other good experiences as to what has worked well on their dog?What's the best product available for flea control?
Well, unfortunately, every flea preventative works differently for every dog. I've used Frontline, and it didn't work very well for my BC, and then I've used Advantix, which is very expensive, and has a tick repellent, but I'm not in an area with ticks, so know I used Advantage, and I'm very fond of it.





Different things work for different dogs, so be prepared to try a few things until you find one you really like. I've always used ';spot'; treatments, these are the liquid ones that you put on the center of their neck.What's the best product available for flea control?
I like Frontline Plus for use in the summer or in flea/tick heavy areas, personally since it kills all life stages of fleas, and ticks, and also has insect growth inhibitor to break the flea life cycle; it is also water-proof as long as the dog is not washed for about three days after application. Capstar is a good one but it does not kill all life stages of fleas, but has no known side effects. As far as natural preventatives go, I have had reasonable luck with Nature's Guardian (for dogs, I would not put it on cats as they can get very sick if they ingest thyme oil), and I have heard good things about Sentry Natural Defense as well.
We use advantix (liquid form) because of the nasty ticks down south here. I haven't had a problem with the liquid, and i don't think i would feel comfortable about the pill form.
Another dog. This way the fleas will see the new dog as open for settling so they wil round everyone up in a wagon train for fleas and move on over to the other dog.





Problem solved
Try Mrs.Cleaver's Love Mayonnaise. It works great on everything!
first sign of fleas i use advantage on my two dogs and two cats. works like a charm.
advantix, or advantage (same) goes by the weight, it have work very good for my 3 dogs
I use frontline and never have had any issues with fleas.
I've had very good results with Frontline on my dogs and cats.
frontline plus
  • guerlain
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment