Saturday, August 21, 2010

Vectra 3 D and other flea control products?

I live in SC--fleas galore I used Frontline up until this year when it seemed to quit working. Tried Promeris--it stunk and ran off my dog, but it worked!---until my Schnauzer had a reaction to it. My Vet really endorsed this Vectra, so I purchased it. Ugh. It did NOTHING. I called the company, and the lady said ';Oh the fleas are probably dying...it works great....'; When I asked her about the claim on the front of the box that it ';Repels'; fleas and ticks, she told me ';Clinically, nothing repels fleas';... Anyway, just wondering what everyone else is using. I may try Advantix..heard good things about it...Vectra 3 D and other flea control products?
Vectra uses permethrin which are currently under investigation by the EPA along with other products that have created reactions with pets.





Different products for fleas do different things.





Repellents keep fleas away but don't kill them.





Vectra is supposed to kill 96% of adult fleas and prevent those fleas from adding to the flea population.





However the flea eggs, larvae, and pupae already in the home need to be clear out so you must also treat your home and yard to get rid of those fleas.





Otherwise the cycle continues and eggs hatch every 3-5 days.





It takes about 8 weeks to get rid of a flea infestation totally.





Watch the videos at YouTube.Com to learn more. Also the blog on flea treatments has ideas too.





Picking a good treatment has to work into your budget and lifestyle. There are lots of options these days--don't go cheap since it could cause trouble with your pet.Vectra 3 D and other flea control products?
we use Revolution...it works great...the list of critters it works against is very very long as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment