Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the best acne control / prevention product?

I've had persistent acne for years, and I just want it to stop! I've tried tons of products, but none of them seem to work for me. Help?What is the best acne control / prevention product?
I suffered from severe acne during most of my early teenage years. It got so bad that my face would actually bleed, from how many pimples I had.





Since most acne is hereditary, you might need to go on antibiotics.





Make an appointment with a dermatologist. I take 100 mg of Doxycycline a day, and use a topical creme called Tazorac every other night. Be sure you tell your doctor/dermatologist whatever medications you are on, as Doxycycline can make birth control ineffective.





However, on the other side of the coin is actual skin care. My skin always seemed really oily, however, after going to the dermatologist, he told me that my skin isn't actually oily, it was VERY dry. When your skin is too dry, it produces something called sebum (SEA-bumm) that clogs up pores, causing acne. For me, it's important that I moisturise a LOT. Be sure to ask your dermatologist what type of skin you have, so you can cleanse it and moisturise properly.





I clean my skin at night with Skyn brand (bought at Sephora) cleanser. It has silver in it, which helps acne. Even though I'm adult, if I go off my meds, my acne comes right back. Yay, genes! I wash with this at night. Then, I use a serum by a brand called REN (also at Sephora), and then follow it up with their night moisturiser. During the day, I use their daytime lotion. So far, my skin is completely clear.





One thing to avoid in any product you use is alcohol. Alcohol will dry out your skin and can cause your acne to be worse, so tell your dermatologist what products you are using. If they contain alcohol, he/she may have you stop using them, as they can cause your skin to get worse.What is the best acne control / prevention product?
Honestly, the only thing that has worked for me 100% is laser treatment. I was VERY skeptical at first. I had gotten laser treatment every other week for 6 months in 2005. I'm completely %26amp; totally clear ever since. It's amazing. Everything else is crap %26amp; a waste of money. The amount of money I've wasted trying out different products added up to more than the laser. I've gone to a dermatologist who prescribed me pills %26amp; gave me Retin-A which did NOTHING. Proactiv didn't work for me either. I hope you take my advice it's the only thing that works. Whenever I see someone with acne I feel like telling them =(





You have to trust me, if you do the laser treatment you'll have NOT ONE pimple on your face by the end of the year.





Good luck!
I have always had trouble with breakouts. Although I used proactive and all, I always had a huge breakout somewhere on my face. Wel I was at a fair a few years back, and there was this little booth for this amazing thing callled ';Ultra Balm';. It looked like regular lotion to me, but the guy called me over and asked if I would like to try a free sample. I thought ';why not, its free? '; and I used some on my hands. My hands were amazingly soft, but I didnt really care about that. ';So whats so special about it?'; I asked. He said it had a special thing in it called ';Lanolin';, which is used around the world for softening the toughest leathers. He told me that lanolin is te only oil that will match anyone's skin type, and that it can cure uneven complexion, acne, dry skin, dullness, it can heal scars (because it contains lots of vitamin E) messed up pigment, and he named a bunch of other things. I didnt believe him because things like that are too good to exist. So I didnt buy it, but he gave me his card.


About a year went by, and I found the card when cleaning my room, and remembered the incident. I checked out the website, and it seemed again too good to be true. $50 a jar seemed like a lot. So I searched on Ebay and managed to get one much cheaper. When it came, I smoothed it on my face before going to bed, and in the morning my face was extremely soft. Within a week, my complexion became WAY better, and my acne was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it!! I stopped using acne products all together, and have been using Ultra Balm for a year now, and HVENT HAD A SINGLE BREAKOUT SINCE!!! Im not kidding!! I wouldnt waste my time telling you this if I was lying. But the website is ULTRABALM.net and you wont be disappointed. I Promise!! But dont ever accept any imitations, because ive seen people try to imitate the product. You wont regret it. I just went through my first jar and now im waiting eagerly for a new one to come in (meanwhile my acne is coming back while im waiting and its really annoying!! Try it!!!!!!!!!! look on ebay for some...just check the webste out first so you know what to look for...I dont think youll be dissapointed! Sometimes the more natural products are really what works best!!
This website has a guide on all different types of remedies - it costs money, my sister bought it - i haven't check with her to see what shew thought yet: http://aparker825.acne911.hop.clickbank.鈥?/a>
try lemon juice. rub it on your face every night. be careful tho its an acid dont get it near or in your eyes (and wear lots of sunscreen if you try this, lemon juice can make your skin easier to tan darker, freckles, or sunburn)
I had terrific luck with Emu Oil. There's something about it that's naturally antibacterial, and it is also used to prevent scarring.
roaccutane deffinatley! Ps be aware of loads of spam posts to this question trying to sell u crappy products that dont work.
A doctor , you need antibiotics !
Clearasil Daily face wash works great for me. And the clearing scrub for blackheads.
proactive and neutragena work good for me
basis soap...and nadolina aloe vera cream.





md skincare peel is great for acne acne scars.
It really depends on what kind of skin you have but one thing i've tried that will get rid of zits for me in aobut 1-2 days is clean%26amp;clear persa gel 10 (or any cream with 10% benzol peroxide). You just put it right on the acne (no wehre else, or it will dry your skin out) at morning and night (feel free to put more on at night) and it will first dry out the zit and then make it dissapear :D

No comments:

Post a Comment