Saturday, August 21, 2010

How safe are some birth control products?

Got this bit of info from an email:





The CAUSE of DEATH - A birth control


injection she was getting that allows you to only have your period three


times a year. It interrupts your menstrual cycle, and although it is


FDA approved, it shouldn't be!


So to the women in my address book - I ask you to boycott this product


%26amp; deal with your cycle once a month so that you can live the rest of


your life in a healthier manner.


Please send this to every woman you know - you may save someone's


Life...


Remember, you have a CYCLE for a reason!





--- I have a 6 month old and have been shopping around for some contraceptive suitable for me. This has scared the socks off of me. It might not happen to everyone, but what if I am the unlucky one? I'm so confused!!!How safe are some birth control products?
Inno get the copper t iud, it is very safe and when you want to fall pregnant it happens quickly!How safe are some birth control products?
Well... there's a lot of scary things out there, but the good old fashioned birth control pill hasn't murdered anybody that I've heard of so far.


In fact, I've just read a study that suggests using a low-dose pill may act as a preventative to certain cancers, making the increased risks for others minor by comparison.


I wouldn't strive for less periods a year, just a safe and effective birth control that might let you have lighter periods, no mood swings and take away much of the negative symptoms.


I've been on ortho tri-cyclen low for about four years now and it's working wonderful for me. Did a lot of research before choosing this pill and I haven't heard a single bad thing about it.


You can also take a look at non-hormonal birth controls that get implanted into your uterus. However, a few of those can lead to heavier periods, so be careful which you choose.





Good luck!
You may want to opt for a non-hormonal birth control method like a copper IUD. You can visit planned parenthoods website and they will give you detailed information on the various types of contraceptives and their potential side effects.
try to avoid any BC with lots of hormones. i have an IUD and i have not had any problems.
I just think it is abnormal to not have your period every month. If we were only supposed to get three periods a year, that's how it would be in the first place.





I took seasonale for a little while(the one where you get like 4 periods a year) and it was the most awful experience I have ever had. I was in bed sick all day with horrible period symptoms when it was time for my real period. I got off that birth control real quick!





I think an BC which give you a period once a month is fine if you are young. However after you get to a certain age I would find something else that doesn't have hormones in it. The side effects are scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment