Friday, August 6, 2010

I have oily skin and my face is always shiny...do you know what products will control the shine?

Shea butter.... I know it's sounds crazy, but it's true!





I had this SAME problem for years. Someone told me a few weeks ago to put pure shea butter on my face. I rolled my eyes to it, but one night I tried it. I had bought some shea butter from an african shop for my feet and so I decided to try it. I put the shea butter on at night - at first it felt greasy. When I woke up in the morning my face was soft. I washed my face, as usual, put on my make up and after only two nights of doing this I didn't have any more problems with excess oil. I KNOW IT'S SOUNDS CRAZY, I'm telling you from experience this actually works. All you need is a dab, rub it in your hands and apply to your face. Shea butter doesn't clog pores. It has also helped me with my acne problem as well.





Hope that helps...I have oily skin and my face is always shiny...do you know what products will control the shine?
use a pressed powder when you notice shinyness...and when you put your makeup on in the morning, use a loose powder to set it. Using a good quality cleanser is imperative. I use Mary Kays Timewise. And don't touch your face a lot.I have oily skin and my face is always shiny...do you know what products will control the shine?
Contact a Mary Kay consultant. She can show you the oil control products that are available. The Mary Kay line has cleaners, oil control lotion, oil mattifier, blotting tissues, powder, and other products made for oily skin. There are also specific products for acne, too.
Use products with Tea Tree Oil.


Keep blotter pads in your purse. Just touch up the forehead and nose area with them every couple of hours.


Use powder foundation instead of liquid. Or use an oil-free liquid foundation.
just shower every day
there is a range of products from clean and clear to visit their site go to:


http://www.cleanandclear.com/findProduct.do;jsessionid=cD6nFv2ys9BhwvRPKDHfdzHTjaI
As counterintuitive as this sounds, look for oil-free moisturizers that say oil-control on them. Neutrogena usually has good products as does Almay.
In most drugstores you can find these things called oil absorbing sheets. I think a brand called Clean and Clear make them. They are pretty freakin awesome. You just blot them on your face and they take away the shine. You can find them in the face cleaner isle of most Targets, WalMarts and stores like that. Also, use a face soap and lotion that is oil free.
any sort of topical cream that is in ';gel form.'; like clean and clear. clearasil has kind of a greasy formula so it might not work.





powder works, too.





and i know this sounds gross, but they make these really expensive ';blotting sheets'; (paper you pat your face with to pick up all the oil) out of the same stuff they make toilet seat covers out of. so you could always use a toilet seat cover to absorb extra oil.





but to stop it before it starts, use a good cleanser with benzoil peroxide and put on a benzoil peroxide or salycilic acid ointment afterwards. the wash should dry out your face in the morning and the ointment should keep it dry all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment