Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What product(s) can help control my oily skin?

I've been using Proactiv for a few months now and its been alright, I guess. However my pores are bigger than ever and my nose and cheeks have also become more oily than usual (even in this dry weather!).





I still want to keep using Proactiv but what other product can I use to help make my skin less oily. Any recommendations?





Thanks.What product(s) can help control my oily skin?
Well I don't use Proactiv and never have...but you do


not! want large pores - It's too easy to let the oil seep


in, causing blackheads, breakouts, etc.


Do you close your pores with cold water after your Proactiv


treatment?


Products that can help you control during the day would


be:


Those face-blotting sheets. I use them regularly to absorb


the shine off my face due to my skin, and make-up.





And - loose powder - Any powder in a compact, really - and make sure you pick one that's right for your skin tone.


Cool - If you have red tones, Warm if you have green tones,


they usually have a guide - If you're On the Go, the compact


would be better and less messy to absorb the shine - but


it should blend in with your skin And make-up naturally!


:-)


Good Luck!What product(s) can help control my oily skin?
I recommend mary kay formula 3 it has oil control lotion . the lotion itself is priceless. %26amp; you may layer it if your way accessively oily.
My brother uses in Proactiv products----the entire line. He says that, sometimes after a few months of rigorous usage, it seems to decrease its oil-control efficacy. I don't know the scientific explanation for this, unfortunately. What I would recommend, which my brother has tried and says the method really works in conjunction with Proactiv, is to use either a 5% or 10% generic Benzoyl Peroxide after each facial wash. Now this product can be a bit irritating to sensitive skins, so if you feel any burning sensation or excessive peeling, then decrease the number of times of application per day. Once a week, steam your face for 15 minutes to open up all of your pores and follow up with Biore Strips on your T-zone. This helps to minimize your pores. And throughout the day, use oil-blotting tissues to help with the oil-control. Bath and Body Works used to make this great product called Burdock Root that works much like Benzoyl Peroxide, except it didn't medically disinfect the pores. I applied it twice a day and each time the oil-control lasted 4-6 hours. But it was too effective of a product and they discontinued it.
mmk.


one word. KOHLS!





I own these and they work like magic.





http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/skincare/oilyskin/PRD~92046/clean+skin+oilfree+lotion.jsp





http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/skincare/oilyskin/PRD~92043/clean+skin+foaming+cleanser.jsp





good luck, fuze =]
Use a gentle face wash nightly, then apply a NON oil moisturiser


During the day, you may want to put some powder around the oily areas, this will not let it show and keep it dry


Just dont over do the powder lol


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment